Yellow Sweet Pepper
Capsicum annuumSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 60 - 150 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 20°C to 35°C (68°F to 95°F)
- You can speed up the germination process by raising the temperature to 26°C / 79°F.
- Decrease the number of plants to one per pod to ensure enough space and plant food for the plant to grow.
- Do not not cut or prune your Yellow Sweet Pepper plant. It will form flowers to the tip of the plant.
- To help blossoms pollinate, gently shake your plant or use a clean paint brush to move pollen from one blossom to the next. You can also pollinate using your fingertip.
- Yellow sweet peppers need some time to ripen, they usually do so within 100 to 120 days from having been planted. Caring for the plant during this time consists of cleaning the plant from wilted leaves and dead flowers.
- Botanically speaking, yellow sweet peppers are fruits, since they have seeds and come from flowering plants. However, they are considered vegetables in culinary contexts.
- Pepper is ready to pick when it has ripened to full color. By letting a Pepper ripen fully, you are also getting all the nutritional benefits from it!