Yellow Mini Tomato
Lycopersicon esculentumSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 90 - 120 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 20°C to 35°C (68°F to 95°F)
- You can speed up the germination process by raising the temperature to 79°F (26°C).
- If multiple seeds germinate in each pod, leave one seedling to grow per plant pod to ensure enough space and nutrients for the plant to grow.
- Tomatoes love warmth and hate sudden temperature changes e.g. cool breeze. They grow well, however, in hot climates and at temperatures such as 86°F (30°C).
- Do not cut or prune your Mini Tomato plant before fruiting - it will form flowers and fruits at the top of the plant.
- Once your plant is flowering, it's little yellow flowers need to be pollinated by hand to produce fruit. Do this by gently shaking your plants to mimic a bee or use your hand or a small brush to carry pollen from one blossom to the next.
- “Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.” ― Miles Kington
- In the US tomatoes are the state vegetable of New Jersey, they are the official state fruit of Ohio and tomato juice is the official beverage of Ohio.
- The biggest tomato fight in the world happens each year in the small Spanish town of Buñol. The festival called La Tomatina, involves some 40,000 people throw tomatoes at each other.