Capsicum annuumSprouts in: 14 - 21 days
Enjoy for: 90 - 120 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 20°C to 35°C (68°F to 95°F)
Heat on Scoville scale: 30000 - 50000
- The heat level of fruits is 30 000 to 50 000 on Scoville heat units, similar to cayenne and tabasco.
- You can speed up the germination process by raising the temperature to 79°F (26°C).
- If multiple seeds germinate in each pod, leave one seedling to grow per plant pod to ensure enough space and nutrients for the plant to grow.
- Do not not cut or prune your Yellow Chili Pepper plant before fruiting - it will form flowers and fruits at the top of the plant.
- Once your plant is flowering it needs to be pollinated by hand. Do this by gently shaking your plant to carry pollen from one blossom to the next.
- Yellow Chili Pepper fruits ripen from green to yellow approximately 3 to 4 months after the pod is planted.
- Please note! The leaves and seeds of the Yellow Chili Pepper can be hot too. It is always a good precaution to wash your hands after touching the chilli plant. It is also best to avoid rubbing your eyes or touching other sensitive body parts after handling any chillies.