Fragaria vescaSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 60 - 120 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 26°C (64.4°F to 78.8°F)
- If multiple seeds germinate per pod, leave up to two seedlings to grow per pod. This ensures there is enough space and nutrients for the plants to grow.
- Once your plant is flowering it needs to be pollinated by hand. You can do this by gently shaking your plant to carry pollen from one blossom to the next.
- If your plant has given you the first harvest, just trim old leaves and fruit stems from the bottom of the stem. New green leaves and flowers will emerge soon.
- You may replant Wild Strawberry plants into containers or beds after the growing cycle is done in a Smart Garden. It will bear fruits again and again, even in hardy climates.
- Wild strawberry leaves are perfect for tea, both fresh or dried. Strawberry leaves contain iron, calcium and vitamin C.