Thymus vulgarisSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 30 - 90 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 30°C (64.4°F to 86°F)
- Thyme grows in a unique 'creeping' manner, appearing as a small ball of mess. Do not be alarmed, that is just the way it grows! The older it gets, the messier it grows.
- You can start harvesting thyme approximately one month after planting. Gently trim off the tips of the plant leaving at least two pairs of true leaves to grow.
- Thyme is great for drying and this way you can save it for later.
- Did you know that there are over 350 species of Thyme?
- And that it was used for the process of mummification in Ancient Egypt?