Alyssum maritimumSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 60 - 90 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 24°C (64.4°F to 75.2°F)
- Sweet Alyssum is a heat sensitive plant. Flower formation is strongly inhibited if the average temperature reaches 30C (86F).
- Sweet Alyssum requires very little care - just remove withered flowers and leaves.
- The first flowers of Sweet Alyssum appear approximately five weeks after planting and have a pleasant, sweet scent.
- Depending on care, plant pods may last up to three months.
- Sweet alyssum is widely grown as an ornamental for its fragrant clusters of small white, pink, or purple flowers. The plant remain dwarf through the whole growing cycle- small but powerful.
- The name Alyssum is derived from an ancient Greek term meaning “without madness.” In ancient times, the plant was used to treat the bites of rabid animals.