Red Sweet Pepper
Capsicum annuumSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 60 - 150 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 20°C to 35°C (68°F to 95°F)
- You can speed up the germination process by raising the temperature to 26°C / 79°F.
- Decrease the number of plants to one per pod to ensure enough space and plant food for the plant to grow.
- Do not cut or prune your Red Sweet Pepper plant. It will form flowers to the tip of the plant.
- To help blossoms pollinate, gently shake your plant or use a clean paint brush to move pollen from one blossom to the next. You can also pollinate using your fingertip.
- Red sweet peppers need some time to ripen, they usually do so within 100 to 120 days from having been planted. Caring for the plant during this time consists of cleaning the plant from wilted leaves and dead flowers.
- Some keen gardeners like to believe that there are two kinds of pepper fruits: male peppers have 3 bumps and female peppers have 4 bumps. What do you think, is it true or a gardening myth?
- Bell peppers contain 94% water, that makes them a good diet food! And, they are good natural source of vitamins and other antioxidants, making them an excellent addition to a healthy diet.