Brassica oleraceaSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 30 - 60 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 24°C (64.4°F to 75.2°F)
- You can start harvesting in approximately one month by picking off the larger outer leaves first.
- Harvest gradually by moving towards the heart of the plant until the pod is a maximum of two months old.
- Alternatively, you may harvest the whole plant one month after planting. Just keep in mind not to allow it to age over two months.
- If it ages it may loose its nutritional value and signature flavor.
- People have been growing this super food for more than 2,000 years, starting from the Roman times. It arrived in the U.S. in the 17th century.
- Red Kale has incredibly low calorie content, but, it is among the most nutrient-dense foods in existence.