Red Pak choi
Brassica rapa chinensisSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 30 - 40 days
Plant is edible!
Plant is heat sensitive!
Grows best at: 18°C to 24°C (64.4°F to 75.2°F)
- Red Bok Choy is a heat sensitive plant that grows better at temperatures around 24°C max.
- You can start harvesting the plant in one month by picking off the larger, outer leaves. The plant will produce more from its basal growing point. Harvest gradually until the plant is about 40 days old.
- Alternatively, you may harvest the entire plant one month after it has been planted. Just remember not to allow it to age over two months.
- The red pigmentation in the leaves of the Red Bok choy is due to the presence of anthocyanins which have many health benefits.
- The texture of both leaves and stalks is crisp, and the flavour is somewhere between mild cabbage and spinach. If very young it can be eaten raw in salads, but is best when briefly cooked.