Capsicum annuumSprouts in: 7 - 21 days
Enjoy for: 90 - 120 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 20°C to 35°C (68°F to 95°F)
Heat on Scoville scale: 24000
- Purple Chili fruits have heat level of 24 000 on Scoville heat units
- You can speed up the germination process by raising the temperature to 79°F (26°C).
- If multiple seeds germinate per pod, leave one seedling to grow per pod to ensure enough space and nutrients for the plant to grow.
- Do not not cut or prune your Purple Chili Pepper plant before fruiting- it will form flowers and fruits at the top of the plant.
- Once your plant is flowering it needs to be pollinated by hand. Do this by gently shaking your plant to carry pollen from one blossom to the next.
- Purple Chili Pepper fruits ripen from white/purple to bright red approximately 14 weeks from planting.
- Warning! The leaves and seeds of the Purple Chili Pepper can be hot too. It is always a good precaution to wash your hands after touching the chili plant. It is also best to avoid rubbing your eyes or touching other tender body parts after handling any chilies.
- The pods have 24,000 Scoville heat units which is similar heat to cayenne type chilies.
- This chili has decorative purplish flowers, and its purple pods mature to bright red color.