Mentha X piperitaSprouts in: 7 - 21 days
Enjoy for: 30 - 90 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 30°C (64.4°F to 86°F)
- Peppermint is a bit slow at the beginning but once it gets going it will quickly grow a lot of stems. In approximately one month it should be ready for first harvesting.
- Make sure your Peppermint does not reach the lamp! Stems that have reached the lamp may get burnt and turn brown.
- If some lower leaves age and turn brown, feel free to cut the stem off - new stems will grow soon.
- If you are into replanting, feel free to remove the fully grown plant from the cup and plant it outdoors. Peppermint will grow as a perennial herb, also in hardy climates.
- It can grow almost everywhere so well, that it will become invasive. It is highly recommended to plant it in a container, so it would not escape.