Brassica rapa chinensisSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 30 - 40 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 24°C (64.4°F to 75.2°F)
- Bok Choy is a heat sensitive plant that grows best at temperatures around 24C max
- You can start harvesting the plant in one month by picking off the larger, outer leaves - the plant will produce more from its basal growing point. Harvest gradually until the plant is about 40 days old
- Alternatively, you may harvest the entire plant one month after its been planted. Just remember not to allow it to age over two months
- The Chinese have been cultivating this vegetable for more than 5,000 years. Today, it is loved all around the world.
- Pak Choi does not form a head. It is a fast growing vegetable and should be harvested already in baby leaf size.