Ocimum basilicumSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 60 - 90 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 30°C (64.4°F to 86°F)
- Basil likes to be cut! You can start trimming your plants approximately one month after planting. You may remove single leaves occasionally... But, for more thriving growth, pinching off the whole tip is recommended - it will grow two new shoots in a week.
- Trimming your plant will also delay flowering and prevents the taste from becoming bitter. It is up to you - if you want to see the white flowers, don't cut your plant anymore. If you would like to keep harvesting the leaves, continue trimming.
- Please note that basil is an annual plant. It does not last forever. If it has been over twelve weeks and the plant looks aged, it is time to replace the pod.
- Fun Fact! There is 600% more antioxidants and vitamins in Click and Grow fresh Basil than basil you can get from a grocery store!
- Also, there are 37 times less nitrate residuals in Click and Grow Basil than in basil grown in hydroponics.