Origanum vulgarisSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 60 - 90 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 30°C (64.4°F to 86°F)
- Oregano grows in a unique creeping manner, like a small ball of mess. Do not be alarmed... That is just the way it grows!
- Be sure to trim your Oregano for more growth approximately one month after planting and use its leaves for cooking! Prune the plant and leave at least two pairs of true leaves to grow.
- If you prefer to see your Oregano in bloom then don't cut it back until you see its pinkish, tiny flowers.
- Oregano flowers are edible and perfect for garnish!
- Oregano was first used by the Greeks. In their mythology the goddess Aphrodite invented the herb and gave it to man to make life happier.
- Oregano was not widely used in the United States until after the Second World War. Soldiers send to Italy brought Oregano to the United States and the rest is history.