Lycopersicon esculentumSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 60 - 120 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 20°C to 35°C (68°F to 95°F)
- You can speed up the germination process by raising the temperature to 79°F (26°C).
- If multiple seeds germinate in each pod, leave one seedling to grow per plant pod to ensure enough space and nutrients for the plant to grow.
- Tomatoes love warmth and hate sudden temperature changes e.g. cool breeze. They grow well, however, in hot climates and at temperatures such as 86°F (30°C).
- Do not cut or prune your Mini Tomato plant before fruiting - it will form flowers and fruits at the top of the plant.
- Once your plant is flowering, its little yellow flowers need to be pollinated by hand to produce fruit. Do this by gently shaking your plants to mimic a bee or use your hand or a small brush to carry pollen from one blossom to the next.
- Click and Grow's Mini tomato has 2.5 times more antioxidative activity and 2 times more lycopene than any other tomato!
- Cooked tomatoes are actually better for you than raw ones, as more beneficial chemicals are released.
- The entire plant is actually poisonous, only the fully matured fruits are edible.
- “Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.” ― Miles Kington