Origanum majoranaSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 60 - 90 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 30°C (64.4°F to 86°F)
- Marjoram grows in a rather unique, creeping manner, like a small ball of mess... But do not be alarmed - that is simply how it grows! The older it gets, the messier it grows.
- Be sure to trim your Marjoram for more growth approximately one month after planting. Use its leaves for cooking! Remember to leave at least two pairs of true leaves to grow whilst cutting.
- If you prefer to see your Marjoram in bloom, do not cut it back. Wait until you see its pale yet flattering tiny flowers. Please note that Marjoram flowers are edible and perfect for garnish!
- Marjoram is indigenous to Cyprus and southern Turkey and was known to the Greeks and Romans as a symbol of happiness.
- Marjoram is very similar to oregano, but botanically it is a different species with a different flavor.