Brassica junceaSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 30 - 60 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 24°C (64.4°F to 75.2°F)
- Leaf Mustard is a heat sensitive plant and produces more growth at 64 to 72 °F (18 to 22°C).
- You may start harvesting single leaves approximately 25 days after planting or harvest the whole pod after one month of growing - it is up to you.
- It has the best taste and the highest nutritional value only up to 40 days of age.
- If your Leaf Mustard flowers, it does not produce more leaves. You can, however, use these edible little white flowers to garnish your dishes.
- In India and Denmark, it is believed that spreading Mustard seeds around the external sides of the homes keeps away the evil spirits!
- Mustard in general is one of the world's oldest spices and condiments known to mankind!