Beta vulgaris var vulgarisSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 30 - 40 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 30°C (64.4°F to 86°F)
- A cup of Green Chard's fresh leaves is a perfect substitute for spinach.
- You can start harvesting in approximately three weeks by picking off the larger outer leaves - the plant will produce more from its basal growing point.
- Harvest gradually until the plant is about five weeks old. If you prefer harvesting the whole pod at once, we recommend doing so four weeks after planting.
- Use fresh leaves of Green Chard as spinach in any dishes.
- Chard is an excellent source of dietary fibers, vitamins A, C, K and vitamins of the B group and minerals such as iron, magnesium, and potassium.
- 100 g of raw leaves contains only 19 calories.