Anethum graveolensSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 30 - 60 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 30°C (64.4°F to 86°F)
- Dill may be a bit slow at the beginning and grow sideways. Soon growth will accelerate and the plants will grow upwards again.
- We recommend harvesting the whole plant approximately one month after it is planted.
- If you prefer harvesting single outer leaves first, start doing so approximately three weeks after planting. Your plant will produce more from its growing point.
- Harvest Dill before it ages and loses its signature flavour at two months of age.
- Dill was popular in the ancient Greek and Roman cultures, where it was also considered a sign of wealth! Moreover, it was revered for its many healing properties.
- Nowadays, Dill is a loved herb in the cuisines of Scandinavia, Baltic states, central and eastern Europe, north Africa and the Russian Federation.
- Scientifically, Dill is the only species in the genus Anethum.