Centaurea cyanusSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 30 - 90 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 24°C (64.4°F to 75.2°F)
- Expect to see first flowers approximately five weeks after planting.
- Use the little blue flowers to garnish your dishes or add them to your tea blend.
- Cornflower generally requires very little care - just remove withered flowers to promote the growth of new ones.
- Cornflower is a national and political symbol in countries such as Estonia, Finland and Germany.
- Cornflower is highly ornamental thanks to clear blue flowers. Its petals are edible and have sweet cucumber like taste.