Coriandrum sativumSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 30 - 60 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 30°C (64.4°F to 86°F)
- Cilantro in meant to be grown for fresh leaves, not for seeds.
- Cilantro may grow slowly and sideways at the beginning. Growth will soon accelerate and the plants will grow upwards again.
- You can start harvesting single outer leaves approximately one month after planting - your plant will produce more from its growing point.
- The whole plant pod should be harvested in approximately two months.
- It is one of the oldest herbs and spices on record. Coriander was mentioned in the Bible, and the seeds have been found in ruins dating back to 5000 BC.
- Coriander seeds are actually two fruits joined together as one- called schizocarp, giving the appearance of a single, smooth, nearly globular seeds. So, two sprouts come out of one joined "seed".