Capsicum annuumSprouts in: 7 - 21 days
Enjoy for: 90 - 120 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 20°C to 35°C (68°F to 95°F)
Heat on Scoville scale: 20000
- Chili fruits have a heat level of up to 20 000 on Scoville heat units.
- You can speed up the germination process by raising the temperature to 79°F (26°C).
- If multiple seeds germinate in each pod, leave one seedling to grow per plant pod to ensure enough space and nutrients for the plant to grow.
- Do not not cut or prune your Chili Pepper plant before fruiting - it will form flowers and fruits at the top of the plant.
- Once your plant is flowering it needs to be pollinated by hand. Do this by gently shaking your plant to carry pollen from one blossom to the next.
- Chili Pepper fruits ripen from white/purple to a bright red colour approximately 12 weeks from planting.
- Please note! The leaves and seeds of the Chili Pepper can be hot too. It is always a good precaution to wash your hands after touching a chili plant. It is also best to avoid rubbing your eyes or touching other sensitive body parts after handling any chilies.