Rumex sanguineusSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 30 - 60 days
Plant is edible!
Plant is heat sensitive!
Grows best at: 18°C to 24°C (64.4°F to 75.2°F)
- You may start harvesting single leaves approximately three weeks after planting or harvest the whole plant after one month of growing - it is up to you.
- Harvest all Bloody Sorrel before two months of age, only then does it have the best taste and the highest nutritional value.
- If Bloody Sorrel ages for more than two months it may lose its signature sour flavor.
- Attention! The plant is entirely red and the red colored juice may stain your skin and clothing while harvesting.
- Red sorrel is native to Europe and was likely brought to the United States with colonists.
- Red sorrel is a detoxifying salad green that has powerful antioxidants properties to improve your health.