Eruca sativaSprouts in: 7 - 14 days
Enjoy for: 30 - 35 days
Plant is edible!
Grows best at: 18°C to 24°C (64.4°F to 75.2°F)
- Arugula is a heat sensitive plant that produces more growth if grown at 64 to 72 °F (18 to 22°C).
- You may start harvesting single leaves approximately 25 days after planting or harvest the whole plant after one month of growing - it is up to you.
- Harvest the whole pod in 30 to 35 days - at this point it tastes best and has the highest nutritional value.
- If your Arugula starts to flower, you can use these edible little white flowers to garnish your dishes... But don't expect it to grow more edible leaves after that - the plant is done after flowering.
- Arugula has been an edible herb in the Mediterranean area since Roman times. It was mentioned by various classical authors as an aphrodisiac.